Terms & Conditions
Meridian Golf Tours Limited
Registered Office :
103 Leven Road
Tel: +44 (0)1333 6353050
Registered in Scotland :
Company Number SC 462217
Meridian Golf Tours Limited owns the domain names :
This copyright notice applies to all proprietary pages, images, text, programs, and other material available throughout this Internet site. Your use of this website indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions listed herein, which may be revised at any time by Meridian Golf Tours Limited. Use after any such revisions indicates your acceptance of such revised terms and conditions. If you do not accept such terms and conditions, do not use the website.
Use of this site
Meridian Golf Tours Limited maintains its website for your personal entertainment, information, education, and communication. Please feel free to browse the website. You may download material displayed on the website for non-commercial, personal use only; provided, however, that you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials.
You may NOT, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, re-post, or use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio and video without Meridian Golf Tours Limited written permission. You may not alter or interfere with the content or function of this website or download any material from this website for use at any other website, including Internet auction sites.
All materials on this website are copyrighted and misuse thereof may constitute violation of copyright, trademark and other laws. Meridian Golf Tours Limited reserves all rights to all materials listed on this Site.
No Warranties; Limitation of Liability
Meridian Golf Tours Limited does not represent or warrant that the content of this website is accurate or that its operation will be error free or uninterrupted. You use the website at your own risk. THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Meridian Golf Tours Limited also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the website or any linked websites. In no event shall Meridian Golf Tours Limited or any other party involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the website, or any of their affiliates, or the officers, directors, employees, shareholders, or agents of any of them, be liable for any damages of any kind, including without limitation any direct, special, incidental, indirect, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages, or damages from any theory of liability whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with the use of, or your browsing in, or your links to other websites from this website.
Unless otherwise noted, by means of credited names, as in the case of written and edited reportage or commentary, all products, patents, product names, designs, logos, titles, text, images, audio and video within this Site are the trademarks, service marks, trade names, copyrights, patents or other property of Meridian Golf Tours Limited. All other unregistered and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Nothing contained on the website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Meridian Golf Tours Limited Intellectual Property displayed on the website without the written permission of Meridian Golf Tours Limited.
Unaffiliated Products and Websites
Descriptions of, or references to, products, publications or sites not owned by Meridian Golf Tours Limited or its affiliates do not imply endorsement of that product, publication or site. Meridian Golf Tours Limited has not reviewed all material linked to the website and is not responsible for the content of any such material. Your linking to any other websites is at your own risk.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Meridian Golf Tours Limited will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Meridian Golf Tours Limited to disclose the identity of or help identify or locate anyone posting any such information or materials.
Any communication or material you transmit to the website by e-mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary.
Meridian Golf Tours Limited cannot prevent the "harvesting" of information from this website, and you may be contacted by Meridian Golf Tours Limited or unrelated third parties, by e-mail or otherwise, within or outside of this website. Anything you transmit may be edited by or on behalf of Meridian Golf Tours Limited may or may not be posted to this website at the sole discretion of Meridian Golf Tours Limited and may be used by Meridian Golf Tours Limited or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting.
Although Meridian Golf Tours Limited may from time to time monitor or review discussion, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the website, Meridian Golf Tours Limited is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations or for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the website. Meridian Golf Tours Limited assumes no responsibility or liability for any actions or communications by you or any unrelated third party within or outside of this Site.
Booking Terms and Conditions
- The vendor shall be Meridian Golf Tours Limited, hereafter referred to as 'the Company'; the purchaser shall be the group or individual purchasing the vacation package, hereafter referred to as 'the Client'.
- In the event of a vacation being arranged directly with the Company, all correspondence will be addressed by the Company to the Client at the specified address. In the event of any package being arranged through a travel agent, the Company will address all correspondence through that travel agent, who shall henceforth become the Client's agent. Any funds paid to the travel agent prior to confirmation of the Client's reservation shall be retained by the travel agent as agent for the Client, and, after confirmation, shall be held by the travel agent as agent for the Company.
- A deposit normally up to 50% (or other further % as may be appropriate to the content of the Tour) of the package cost, but including the full cost of green fees where specifically required in advance by the Golf Club, shall be payable by the Client with confirmation of the reservation, or the full amount of the package if within 90 days of the package commencement date.
The reservation contract shall not be construed as being concluded until a Tour Confirmation has been issued by the Company confirming that appropriate deposit payment has been received from the Client. If, for any reason, the reservation is not duly confirmed, any deposit shall be returned to the Client.
After such confirmation, any cancellation or alteration to the Tour Confirmation shall be subject to the provisions of Sections 5, 6, or 8 below.
- The Company will issue a provisional Tour Confirmation to the Client (or agent) detailing appropriate deposits and other charges payable. All amounts outstanding will require to be paid in full 90 days prior to the date of package commencement.
Specific dates for payment will be made clear on the Tour Confirmation. Full payment will become due immediately if such Schedule is issued within 70 days of the Tour commencement date.
- Any such cancellation or alteration shall become effective upon receipt of notice by the Company. After issue of the Tour Confirmation, any alteration thereto which is advised to the Company more than 10 weeks prior to the Tour commencement date shall be subject to an administration charge of £40 (or the sum of any non-refundable deposit, if greater) per alteration.
Any change to a Client's name, club or handicap without prior agreement within 90 days of the Tour commencement date may be treated as a cancellation with no refund applicable.
- In the event of failure by the Client to pay to the Company any outstanding balance by the due date, then the Company reserves the right to cancel the reservation, after due notice being provided to the Client or agent. In such event, or if the Client cancels the reservation, any deposit shall be forfeited.
If cancellation is effected as above, a Cancellation charge will become payable by the Client to the Company. We strongly recommend that the Client purchases package cancellation insurance.
- The Company reserves the right to alter prices at any time. Only in the event of the Client accepting the price quoted in the Tour Confirmation and making payment in full by return, the package will be guaranteed against further increase.
- Any necessary alterations will be notified by the Company to the Client or agent without undue delay. Minor alterations will be effected by way of a comparable alternative.
In the event of major alterations to the Tour Confirmation, the Client may opt either to accept the alternative package, or to cancel the vacation with ratable refund.
- Subject to these whole terms and conditions, the Company will provide all arrangements in accordance with the Tour Confirmation, as stated.
The Company accepts no liability for the actions or omissions of our agents or sub-contractors, acting in the course of their employment or contract.
The Company is not liable for loss, damage or theft of luggage or personal belongings, for personal injury, accident or illness on any vehicle or at any place throughout the Tour.
- The Company accepts no liability for injury, loss, damage, and accident. delay, changes or inconvenience caused by: any force majeure, health risks, reason of war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, acts, omission, neglect, delay or default of any person engaged in providing any tour services including transportation and accommodation, technical problems to transport, closure or congestion of airports or ports, building work, extended hotel closure, cancellations or changes of schedules by airlines, interruption or failure of public utilities outside the control of the Hotel and similar events beyond our control, including storms, tempests and hurricanes.
The Company accepts no responsibility for, nor shall it be liable to the Client for any loss, damage or changes to the Tour Confirmation arising from strikes, industrial disputes, riots, civil commotion, political unrest, hostilities, or threat of war, terrorist activity, fire, flood or weather problems out with its control.
- The Company has made every effort to ensure the success of the Tour package. In the event of complaint, the Client must endeavor to resolve matters firstly with the hotel, car Rental Company or others involved. In the event of the complaint not being resolved, the Client should notify the Company as soon as practicable.
Any formal complaint must be made in writing within 28 days of return home, after which no action can be taken.
- The Company will request caddies for those who wish them, however they cannot be guaranteed.
They may only be requested for the entire duration of a trip, and not for individual rounds. If you request caddies, the Company will forward a request for caddies in advance of your visit.
The golf clubs will make every effort to secure caddies but they are neither employed by the golf clubs nor by the Company.
In general the demand for caddies at most courses exceeds the availability.
If a caddie is secured for you, the caddie master or another club official will inform you of the caddie charge and tipping policy.
- The Company strongly recommends you travel with an up to date handicap card or certificate, from your Home Golf Club, it accepts no responsibility if you do not and are subsequently denied golf.
Certain clubs also place maximum handicap restrictions on visitors. If your handicap is greater than 24 (men) or 36 (ladies) you must, in advance of the commencement of the Tour, you must notify the Company.
The Company can accept no responsibility for the playing conditions of any golf courses, including changes caused by course maintenance or weather conditions.
- All contracts entered into between the Company and Client or Agent shall be governed by the Law of Scotland, and, without prejudice to this Clause, the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
All members of the party are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. In the event that any member of the party causes damage to the golf course, at the accommodation or to the transport vehicles during your tour then you or the relevant member of your party will be liable for the cost of repairing or making good the damage.
We require all members of your group to carry current handicap certificates. Many courses will require handicap certificates before accepting visitors on the course. Meridian Golf Tours Limited will advise you at the time of booking if any of the courses on the tour have a maximum handicap restriction. We accept no responsibility if you are refused play due to an inability to comply with the course's requirements.
Appropriate dress should be worn at all times on the course and in the clubhouse. Your travel details and welcome pack will advise the requirements at each course on your tour. Meridian Golf Tours Limited accepts no responsibility if any of the group are refused access to the course or the clubhouse due to inappropriate attire.
We will make every endeavour to confirm your requested tee-times but courses do reserve the right to alter preferred tee-times. We will always offer you the nearest possible alternative. Most Scottish courses will allow two ball groups if requested, but on some occasions due to a high volume of players you may be requested to pair up with other golfers to play as a four ball.
Although the standard of the courses we have selected is generally excellent we are unable to always be aware of when course maintenance may be undertaken. Meridian Golf Tours Limited can therefore not be held responsible for the condition of the golf courses during your tour.